Anyone wishing to apply for funding to Axis 3 of the Rural Development Programme should note that there are 2 PARTS to the application process.
Part 1) Application Form
An on-line application must be completed via http://www.eugrants.org/. If you do not have access to the internet and/or you experience difficulty accessing this form and/or submitting your online application, a paper copy can be requested from the ARC North West office. Completed paper copies (signed and dated) must be returned to the ARC North West office. Please note faxed or emailed copies WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. The Guidance notes which accompany the application form are available to download by going to the Application & Guidance section of this website. Applicants are advised to print these Guidance Notes.
The application form will allow staff to collect essential project details and to carry out an eligibility check.
All project details and information will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Part 2) Supplementary information/documentation
As well as submitting an application form interested parties MUST provide supplementary information/documentation in support of their application by the closing date. For more information please see Axis 3 Supplementary Documentation to support application for further Guidance and a Checklist of the mandatory information/ documentation required.
FOR ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR STRATEGIC PROJECTS PLEASE SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF PAGE
Applying Online - ALL APPLICATIONS
- Online Application – http://www.eugrants.org/
- Click on Grant Application
- Select ‘new applicant’ and click on register. New applicants are required to register before completing the application form.
- Once registered click on New Application
- From the drop menus select the following:
- Programme: Northern Ireland Rural Development Programme 2007-2013
- Priority: Axis 3
- Measure: 3.1 (Farm Diversification), 3.2 (Business Creation & Development), 3.3 (Encouragement of Tourism Activities), 3.4 (Basic Services for the Economy and Rural Population) or 3.6 (Conservation and Upgrading of Rural Heritage)
- You will now be able to view the Measures that are currently open.
- Opposite ARC North West (Assisting Rural Communities in the North West) click on APPLY
- Complete the application.
- If you wish to print a copy of the application form for your records you must do so before clicking on ‘submit’
- Please also record your Username, Password and Reference Number for future reference.
How will the Application be Processed?
Upon receipt all applications will be checked for eligibility. If deemed eligible a site visit will be carried out to gather additional project details.
Please Note: Any project where planning approval is required must have FULL planning permission in place by the closing date for the call for applications. If planning permission documents are not verified, the application will be rejected.
Please Note: Any Self Catering project application must have full planning permission in place before the application can be submitted. In the case of an existing house which it is intended will be used for self catering holiday accommodation purposes, a Certificate of Lawful Use or Development will be required. In the case of a new build or a conversion, a full planning permission for the build, conversion or alteration for use as a self catering holiday accommodation must be in place. If planning permission documents are not verified the application will be rejected. A promoter may not use the same planning permission approval for more than one application and the project proposal must reflect exactly the planning permission approval.
More details on the Certificate of Lawful Use or Development can be found by clicking on: http://www.planningni.gov.uk/index/advice/advice_leaflets/leaflet06.htm
Applications will be subject to an economic appraisal and checks with statutory agencies as necessary for eligibility and funding duplication purposes. The project will be scored by an Assessment Panel against set criteria and recommendations forwarded to the Local Action Group for consideration and recommendation to the Joint Committee. Recommendations will be subject to approval by the Joint Committee.
Timescale for Processing Applications
All calls for applications will be publicly advertised in newspapers across the cluster area. Details on opening and closing dates will be available on the Application section of this website. The timescale for the assessment of applications will be dependent upon the volume and quality of applications received.
If you have any questions at any stage of the application process, please contact us and we will provide you with any advice and information you may need.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a competitive programme. The submission of an expression of interest, an application for financial assistance, an acknowledgement, or the completion of an assessment process DOES NOT indicate that your application is eligible for consideration or that the project will be awarded financial assistance.
Applications for Strategic Projects - ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
THE CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR STRATEGIC PROJECTS HAS NOW CLOSED
In addition to the general eligibility rules of the Programme for Measures 3.3, 3.4, 3.5 and 3.6 only those applications meeting the following evidence based criteria will be admitted as eligible for consideration:
1. Eligibility is limited to Local Authorities, Non Governmental Organisations and the Community Sector including Social Economy Enterprises;
2. FULL Planning Permission (and other Statutory Requirements) must already have been applied for or already be in place;
3. The proposed start date of the project is no later than 1 April 2013;
4. The planned end date of the project is no later than 31 December 2014;
5. The project grant requirement is above £250,000 but less than £1million (grant rate 85%);
6. The project must be either Capital or Infrastructure;
7. The project Promoter/s matched funding must be at least 15% (of which a minimum of 5% must be cash);
8. Robust project delivery costings must be submitted by the closing date;
9. A recent (within last 12 months) independent Economic Appraisal to 'Green Book' standard must be in place; and
10. All applications must evidence consultation with the appropriate Local Council as a key informant.
To find out more about the call or to discuss your strategic proposal in more detail contact the ARC north west office by telephoning 028 8225 0202 or by emailing:
How to Apply
Apply Online http://www.eugrants.org/
Axis 3 Guidance Notes
Axis 3 Supplementary Documentation to support application